Sample Saturday - Labor Day Weekend
Updated: Sep 13
We're starting something new here at Up North Gift Co! We are offering select samples most every Saturday through the end of 2021! We will start serving shortly after opening Saturday mornings & continue offering the samples as long as supplies last! We've also included recipes that can be created from some of the items we will be sampling each week!
Here's this week's Sample Saturday selection!
From Wind & Willow:
From Cherry Republic:
Creamy Crab Wontons
8 oz Cream Cheese
2 Tbs Sour Cream
1 Garlic Clove minced
1/2 tsp Sugar
1/3 Cup Crab Meat drained
1 pkg. Wonton Wrappers
1. Pre-heat oven to 415 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. Combine mix (use topping later), cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, and sugar until combined.
4. Fold in the crab meat.
6. Lay a wonton wrapper on work surface.
7. Place about 2 teaspoons of the filling mixture in the center of the wrapper, brush the edges of the wrapper with water.
8. Fold the wrapper over and press around the filling to remove air pockets. Press the sides to seal the wrapper tightly.
9. Place on a baking sheet, spray the tops of wontons with cooking spray.
10. Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Sprinkle with Topping packet to garnish.
Apple Cider Sangria with White Wine
1/2 gallon Apple Juice
2 bottle White Wine (750 ml each)
2 Apples (sliced)
1 Orange (optional)
1. Combine Cider Mix with apple juice. Warm the mixture over medium heat until the mix is dissolved. Let cool completely.
2. Pour into serving container and add wine, apple slices, and orange slices.
3. Serve chilled over ice.